SDC is honored to have been selected as one of five finalists for SCDM’s 2011 Data Driven Innovation Award. The award winner will be announced during the SCDM Annual Conference which will be held in Baltimore, MD September 11-14, 2011.
The award program honors the year’s best advancement in clinical data management, and recognizes innovation that improves technology or processes within clinical research studies. The award program is a highlight of the SCDM Annual Conference, where each of the finalists’ innovations will be further evaluated by a panel of Certified Clinical Data Manager (CCDM) judges.
SDC and its clinical partner, Ora Inc., nominated their development of a discrepancy management tool that:
- Identifies trends in data discrepancies by utilizing Pareto charts to focus limited resources on assessing the most problematic data quality issues
- Summarizes and combines the assessment information with a closed-loop root cause and corrective/preventive action system to ensure the actions taken are effective prior to closing out applicable issues
- Shares the data and assessment information upstream with the entire clinical project team throughout the study
- Improves data quality upon initial data entry by reducing recurring discrepancies
- Ultimately leads to substantial time and cost savings for data management, clinical operations, and investigator sites
- Increases effectiveness in collaborations between data management and clinical operations
We invite you to visit SDC at booth #C-5 for a review of this tool and to learn more about how SDC can help you improve data quality while reducing study costs and accelerating timelines.